Why are reviews conducted?
- Reviews are conducted to ensure that polices and procedures are
being followed. Sometimes reviews are due to an incident report or at the request
of the Alabama Department of Labor Commissioner, division directors, or managers
If someone requests claimant information can I release it?
- No, you should refer the requester to the Planning and Systems
Analysis Division, Disclosure Unit.
If a law enforcement official contacts me about information on a client, should
I give it to him?
- No. You should advise the law enforcement official to contact the
Internal Security Division by calling (334) 242-8120. ISEC will verify the
requester's identification and release information if approved
Can I report an incident anonymously?
- Yes. You can anonymously report an incident, but you must provide
enough pertinent information for ISEC to conduct an investigation of the allegation.
Print this Information
Sheet * as a guideline for the details ISEC will need.
Why do I need passwords?
- Passwords allow you to do data entry transactions to specific screens.
Why should I keep my UC password secret?
- UC passwords identify you as a person inputting the transaction.
They also identify the location from which the transaction was input. In addition,
this is a requirement of computer security policy.
How do I get a UC password?
- UC passwords must be requested by your supervisor. Your supervisor
will complete a Computer Access Form and forward it to the ISD Help Desk.
If I transfer to another office or unit, can I use my current UC password?
- No. Your supervisor will need to complete a Revoke Access Form
to delete your UC password effective the close of business your last day at that
location. Your new supervisor will need to complete a Computer Access Form
to request a new UC password for the location to which you are transferring.
Also, if you work a temporary assignment in another office of unit, you will need
a UC password for that location. The supervisor in that location will need
to request a UC password for you and request that the UC password be deleted when
you complete your temporary assignment.
Do I send Ben 246, Receipt of Returned Check, forms to ISEC?
- No. You complete the Ben 246 and send it, along with the check(s),
to the Treasurer's office.
Where do I send a Ben 246A/246B, Affidavit of Lost or Stolen Check?
- The Ben 246A/ 246B is also sent to the Treasurer's office.
How should we handle returned checks?
- Returned checks are handled through the Adjudication Support Unit.
||* The free Acrobat Reader is required to view
online PDF files. Download the reader by clicking on the icon on the left.