Alabama Department of Labor Employees

The Internal Security Division (ISEC) performs the following functions for the Alabama Department Of Labor.

  • Monitors daily operations of the Unemployment Compensation (UC) program with the objective of preventing abuse, waste and fraud.
  • Furnishes security to data processing operations by maintaining UC input passwords and user-id systems.
  • Conducts criminal background checks on all prospective Alabama Department of Labor employees.
  • Conducts examinations in all central office and field offices to appraise the adequacy and application of established policies, procedures and methods.
  • Conducts investigations of alleged security breaches or violations of policy and procedure.
  • Assists various prosecutors in the development of Unemployment Compensation, and various other cases.

ISEC E-mail Directory

Fraud Reporting Contacts

  • UC fraud reporting: (334) 242-8120

  • Workers' Compensation Fraud Hotline: 1-800-923-2533

  • Unemployment Compensation Fraud Hotline: 1-800-392-8019

  • AL Attorney General's White Collar Crime: (334) 242-7345

  • U.S. Department of Labor Office of Inspector General: 1-800-347-3756

Why are reviews conducted?

  • Reviews are conducted to ensure that polices and procedures are being followed. Sometimes reviews are due to an incident report or at the request of the Alabama Department of Labor Commissioner, division directors, or managers /or supervisors.

If someone requests claimant information can I release it?

  • No, you should refer the requester to the Planning and Systems Analysis Division, Disclosure Unit.

If a law enforcement official contacts me about information on a client, should I give it to him?

  • No. You should advise the law enforcement official to contact the Internal Security Division by calling (334) 242-8120.  ISEC will verify the requester's identification and release information if approved

Can I report an incident anonymously?

  • Yes. You can anonymously report an incident, but you must provide enough pertinent information for ISEC to conduct an investigation of the allegation.  Print this Information Sheet * as a guideline for the details ISEC will need.

Why do I need passwords?

  • Passwords allow you to do data entry transactions to specific screens.

Why should I keep my UC password secret?

  • UC passwords identify you as a person inputting the transaction.  They also identify the location from which the transaction was input.  In addition, this is a requirement of computer security policy.

How do I get a UC password?

  • UC passwords must be requested by your supervisor.  Your supervisor will complete a Computer Access Form and forward it to the ISD Help Desk.

If I transfer to another office or unit, can I use my current UC password?

  • No. Your supervisor will need to complete a Revoke Access Form to delete your UC password effective the close of business your last day at that location.  Your new supervisor will need to complete a Computer Access Form to request a new UC password for the location to which you are transferring.
  • Also, if you work a temporary assignment in another office of unit, you will need a UC password for that location.  The supervisor in that location will need to request a UC password for you and request that the UC password be deleted when you complete your temporary assignment.

Do I send Ben 246, Receipt of Returned Check, forms to ISEC?

  • No. You complete the Ben 246 and send it, along with the check(s), to the Treasurer's office.

Where do I send a Ben 246A/246B, Affidavit of Lost or Stolen Check?

  • The Ben 246A/ 246B is also sent to the Treasurer's office.

How should we handle returned checks?

  • Returned checks are handled through the Adjudication Support Unit.
Adobe Acrobat Reader * The free Acrobat Reader is required to view online PDF files. Download the reader by clicking on the icon on the left.